We are recruiting a QHSE Advisor to support projects across the South West region.
As the QHSE Advisor, your key function will be to provide professional advice and support to Light Source business units in the implementation of Light Source QHSE management systems and processes by working with the operational teams to understand and overcome the challenges they face.
In addition to this the QHSE Advisor will monitor and review the performance of business units to ensure that processes are successfully implemented to ensure that Light Source meets its legal and moral commitments regarding quality, the environment and the safety, health, and wellbeing of our teams and those who work with us.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide QHSE advice and support to operational field delivery staff and management.
- Support the identification of QHSE risks and give advice on possible solutions and remedial actions.
- Work with operational managers to engage staff and contractors in improving QHSE performance and achieving the Light source QHSE objectives and targets.
- Undertake inspections and audits of operational sites and contractor operations, including out of hours if required.
- Evaluate existing and potential subcontractors, including supporting annual audits of sub-contractors’ management systems.
- Assist and support with audits of Light Source by external bodies.
- Assist operational personnel and the Head of QHSE with incident investigations.
- Support the sharing of learning points and best practice across the Light Source business.
- The review of QHSE systems, processes, and other related documentation
- Support the wider QHSE initiatives developed and implemented across the Light Source business and its contact partners to drive improved QHSE performance e.g., culture change programmes, near miss reporting, sustainability, introduction of new ways of working etc.
- Compilation of statistical data and writing of reports
- Take part in the roll out of training and briefings to Light Source staff and contractors.
- Assist the Head of QHSE in the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Support local managers in their contact with regulators (e.g., HSE, Local Authority, Environment Agency etc.)
We are seeking applications with the following skills and experience:
- NEBOSH (or equivalent)
- Visible QHSE Values
- Risk Management, Risk Assessment & Method Statement Review qualification
- A broad understanding of the requirements of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements
- Full Driving License
- Environmental or sustainability experience/qualification
- Ideally from the telecommunications sector
In return we can offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, additional day off for your birthday after 12 months service, car allowance plus a benefits package to include a Contributory Pension, Life Assurance, and Employee Assistance Program.
If you are interested in this QHSE Advisor role, please apply today.