We’re recruiting a Project Manager to support the delivery of Netomnia projects across the Gloucestershire region.
The Project Manager is a key delivery role playing an active part in the delivery of new, proactive, network build across a defined set of regional structures. The role holder has accountability for assuring that the specific structures they deliver across Projects are delivered to contractually agreed milestones, timeframes, and outcomes. The Project Manager will deliver successful customer and business outcomes, assuring targets and milestones are met on their designated structures & Projects, assuring all structures are built safely, to our agreed quality standard across our Clients’ Major Programme Delivery portfolio.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of Network Delivery Managers, Supervisors & Engineers.
- Conduct 1-2-1 meetings, performance management and appraisals with Network Engineers.
- Work with Network Delivery Managers to review quality audits of Network Engineer equipment and certification in line with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Deliver coaching and feedback to all Network Delivery Managers in a prompt and timely manner. With all results recorded accordingly.
- Manage customer urgent or high-profile escalations and complaints in a prompt and professional manner ensuring a positive customer service and satisfactory resolution.
- Monitor workload distribution and completion to ensure KPI’s are met.
- Managing the delivery, with a remit to deliver a defined number of structures, defined either on total value or complexity. The outcomes of which are in support of the regional plan for Projects, assuring high quality outcomes, delivered on time, cost and quality.
- To coordinate multiple suppliers and identify and manage any issues in the end-to-end life of the network build, from inception to commissioning.
- Managing in life issues, across build, either identified at planning, or build and pro-actively looking for alternative solutions to successfully deliver the network outcome.
- Providing robust updates, operational insight & analysis on your defined Projects to the Operations Manager using a variety of systems appropriate to each Project.
- Management of Technical aspects of network build, using engineering expertise to ensure a timely delivery.
- Project Planning – Accurately owning and managing robust project plans associated to your workstack, considering all dependencies.
- Customer Management – Represent Light Source in a variety of key customer meetings, providing factual operational delivery & project updates using appropriate of mediums.
- Pro-actively managing your workstack for fluid build work progression with all our Tier 1 partners in the region to ensure there is a capability to hit agreed Project milestones.
- Presenting plans and progress updates to Senior Management.
- Commercial and Financial management and analysis to ensure governance is in place to ensure the timely flow of work, i.e., to allow suppliers to get paid, and the network build costs to be auditable and allocated to the correct capital programme.
- People Management of a team of in Field or Desk Based Coordination roles, and responsible for all aspects of people and performance management. Responsible for providing coaching and guidance where needed to ensure your team can perform at the required level.
- Manage team size, overtime budgets and authorising timesheets and overtime, proactively covering any operational shortfalls to assure delivery.
- Safety – ensuring the team managed are aware of and comply to the safety measures expected of a Light Source team member. Executing safety checks for members of your team.
- Ensure quality checks are completed on the build network and holding the Tier 1 Delivery Partner to account against standards.
- Risk Management – Updating the Project Risk Register and proactively managing project risks in line with recognised methods.
- Identifying business improvement and continuous improvement opportunities, embracing the Light Source “You Said, We Did” ethos.
We are seeking applications with the following skills and experience:
- Candidates with Virgin Media or PIA delivery experience will be viewed highly advantageously.
- Results driven – a proven track record of operational grip and highly disciplined to deliver a balanced set of results
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organisation, our client, and our partners
- Extensive understanding of Openreach network and products
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- High level of confidence, be able to demonstrate initiative and can work flexibly within the team to ensure that we are delivering projects to time and budget
- Ability to plan effectively and delegate appropriately
- Proactive and flexible and have excellent communication skills
- Time Management with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven experience managing successful projects, with an ability to manage operational risk
- Working knowledge of IT and Microsoft products including Excel, MS Project
- Previous Project Management Experience
- People and team leadership and management experience
In return we can offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, car allowance plus a benefits package to include a Contributory Pension, Life Assurance, and Employee Assistance Program. If you are interested in this Project Manager role, please apply today.