We’re recruiting a Manhole Top Person to support Openreach projects across the UK.
As a Manhole Top Person, you will be part of a two-person team, preparing and providing safe work sites for team partners completing manhole structural surveys on the Openreach Network. A typical weekly shift will work from 19:00 to 04:00, four shifts per week to include travel time to and from accommodation (42 hours per week, hotels and meal expenses are provided).
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Typically: arrive on site, set up chapter eight (signing lighting and guarding) pump out manhole then surveyor completes the survey taking photos and measurements and checking for any damage or remedial work that requires attention.
- The work is predominantly completed on night shifts, Monday – Friday.
- Staying away from home every week is expected.
- Ability to problem solve and identify the solution with attention to detail is another key ability within this position. A full understanding of Health and Safety guidelines along with key quality standards must be demonstrated under this position.
- Interpret design schematics, Maps and works instructions.
- Working in challenging and varied field environment.
- Ability to understand and produce records, daily work logs, data recording and update geographical network maps.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety, Quality, and Environmental policies.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Adhere to Quality Standards.
- An understanding of the BT network.
- Provide excellent customer service to both client and end user.
- An awareness of the Light Source brand would be paramount when working for any of their clients.
- Confined space, SA002, NRSWA unit 2 SLG training will be given.
- You must hold a full UK driving licence.
In return we can offer a competitive salary dependent on experience, company vehicle & fuel card plus a benefits package to include a Contributory Pension, Life Assurance, and Employee Assistance Program. If you are interested in this Manhole Top Person role, please apply today.